Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Saving My Dead Dog



Recently my life has been turned upside down by one sweet and loving lemon of a dog named Daisy.

Me with my new upside down life style

Let me give you an idea what it has been like taking care of Daisy over the last 6 months:

Imagine you are leisurely jogging down a track. You have decided to run exactly 6 miles today. Your not the most coordinated jogger so you fall a few times but you quickly get up, brush it off, and continue on. When you finally get close to the end of your 6 mile run, you start to sprint for the finish line.



You made it to the finish line!   ....or did you?

<Insert Dramatic Sound Effect Here>


Just as you try to slow down, you realize you can't stop running. You look down at your feet and become aware that you are actually running on a massive treadmill track. The treadmill starts going faster and forces you to keep up the pace. You look behind you and realize a giant cookie monster is eating the track that you just finished running on.



"CRAP! Why did I wear my chocolate chip cookie track suit today?!?"


So now its a matter of life or death by cookie monster. You decide to keep running even though you and your body are exhausted. The track keeps going faster. Every time you start to get farther away from cookie monster, you stumble and your hip gives out-- or you slip in a pile of diarrhea-- or a chipped tooth comes out of nowhere and scratches you across the face. Each time you fall, an invisible entity helps you get back on your feet. This invisible force dusts you off and helps ensure you keep going and going and going....

Note: You have a suspicion that the invisible force is actually the energizer bunny.

And how does this horribly bad symbolic story end? I have no clue. The real-life story hasn't yet ended. Daisy is still running on that treadmill known as life and trying her damned hardest to keep from falling again. Will Daisy live to run another mile or will she eventually be gobbled up by cookie monster who has mistaken her for a chocolate chip cookie?

Only time will tell. One thing I do know though is that all animals, not just cats, have 9 lives...if you are willing to cough up $8,000.

And kudos to Dave for giving me the idea to write about this. I am not really sure what kudos are (it sounds like the name of a fire-breathing dragon) but either way he can have it.


Kudos for Dave!


3 comments:

DudeR72 said...

Why cookie monster? Why you got to make him the bad guy?

Axxle said...

Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the caretaker of a dog named Daisy

Jeezus45 said...

You are one of the most imaginative and creative people I have ever met. Bless your soul.